How do you move a sectional around?
- Clear the way: Create a clear path by removing any obstacles such as coffee tables, rugs, or decorative items. This will make it easier to maneuver the sectional couch.
- Teamwork is key: A sectional sofa can be heavy and bulky, so it’s always a good idea to have a helping hand. Enlist the assistance of a friend or family member to make the task easier and safer.
- Protect your floors: To prevent any scratches or damages to your floors from a sectional sofa, place furniture sliders or blankets under the legs. This will allow for smooth movement without any unwanted marks.
- Take it step by step: Start by lifting one section of the sofa at a time, being mindful of your body mechanics to avoid any injuries. Slowly and carefully, moving a couch to its new location.
Therefore, go ahead and experiment with different arrangements until you find the perfect spot when moving couches. Happy rearranging!
What size sofa will fit through a 29” door?
When it comes to determining if a sofa will fit through a 29″ door, there are a few key points to take into consideration:
- Measurements: Measure the width, height, and depth of your sofa. Make sure to account for any removable legs or back cushions. Worse case scenario, you may have to wait to assemble the couch until it’s through the door.
- Door Frame: Measure the actual width of your door frame, not just the door itself. Keep in mind any protruding moldings or handles that could affect the clearance. Generally, a couch that is no wider than 28 inches and no taller than 29 inches should fit. Pro Tip: Make sure to account for the height of the legs if they are attached or able to be removed!
- Angle Matters: Sofas can often be maneuvered through doors by angling them. This reduces the effective width needed, but you should still ensure enough clearance.
- Modular Sofas: In most cases, modular sofas with detachable sections offer more flexibility in fitting through tight spaces.
Additionally, consult with the furniture retailer or manufacturer for exact dimensions and advice regarding your specific sofa model. If you measure properly then you can also avoid any potentially devastating situations where you might have to return your new sofa. Lastly, learn about the specifics of couch leg hardware here!
How do you move a heavy couch?
Moving a heavy couch can be a daunting task. In light of that, with a little guidance, you’ll be able to maneuver that cumbersome piece of furniture like a pro. We’ve compiled the best ways below:
- Gather your team: Enlist a few friends or family members to help you with the heavy lifting. Remember, safety first!
- Protect your surroundings: Cover delicate surfaces and clear the path to avoid any accidents or damage.
- Lift with proper technique: Bend your knees, keep your back straight, and use your legs to lift the couch. Avoid twisting or jerking motions.
- Use tools and equipment: If necessary, use furniture sliders, dollies, or straps to make the task easier.
- Take breaks: Moving a heavy couch is physically demanding, so take regular breaks to rest and hydrate.
How are sectionals typically delivered?
Sectionals are typically delivered in a manner that ensures convenience and hassle-free setup for customers. Moreover, here’s a breakdown of how even a small sectional sofa make way into your home:
- Curbside Delivery: Most retailers offer curbside delivery, where the sectional is delivered to your doorstep or the curb outside your home.
- Boxed or Unboxed: Depending on the retailer, sectionals may arrive boxed or unboxed. Boxed sectionals are safely packaged in manageable boxes, while unboxed ones provide a quicker setup experience.
- White Glove Delivery: For a more premium experience, some retailers offer white glove delivery, where professionals deliver the sectional to your desired location, assemble it, and remove any packaging materials.